Traveling locally has been one of the best ways to satisfy my longing for adventure. Taking a short road trip not only provides me with a different scenery but gives me space to gain clarity and perspective.
One of the ways I do that is listening to inspirational podcasts while I’m on the road.
They set the tone for my trip and give me the mental boost I need.
Most recently, I’ve listened to five that have been immensely gratifying and motivating.
Because these particular episodes have caused a monumental shift in my thought patterns, I just had to share it with you all.
So, whenever you decide to hit the road (just admit it - you’re a travel junkie too), you’ll do it with a motivational backdrop.
Oprah’s Super Soul Conversation with Joel Osteen – “Dream Big”
Aptly named, this podcast episode inspires you to “take the limits off of what you think is possible and dream big”. Throughout the entire episode, Pastor Joel Osteen and Mama “O” dropped so many gems left and right that I could barely keep up with my note-taking. Here are some of the takeaways:
- Believing that you were created by a power that’s greater than yourself will allow you to recognize anything is possible.
- The difference between a dream and a wish is that a dream is tied to a purpose and is bigger than just you.
- Believe big. Pray bold.
And for all of those out there that are thinking of leaving a career you don’t like for one you’ve dreamed of, there’s a special message in there for you as well.
Overall, this episode will set a positive tone for your trip if you really take the time to digest the messaging.
Oprah’s Super Soul Conversation with Joel Osteen - I AM: Life Is How You See It
When Oprah and Joel Osteen team up, there’s bound to be some transcendental conversations. And they do not disappoint while discussing the power of words. Here are some highlights from this conversation:
- Whatever follows, ‘I am’ is going to come looking for you.
- If you want to know what you’ll be like five years from now, listen to yourself right now.
- Don’t give negative words life by speaking them out.
Be prepared to shift any negative mindset you may have to one that works through the lens of positivity and growth!
Jay Shetty’s On Purpose with Tom Bilyeu – Breaking Negative Thought Patterns and Stop Being Lazy About Your Growth
Speaking of growth, this episode with Jay Shetty and Tom Bilyeu, the co-founder of Quest, is one for the books. But, if the podcast's title doesn’t capture you, here are some of the finer points made that will:
- Your network is literally your net worth. Someone in your network knows something you don’t and can help you.
- Be the learner. Build your esteem around this. Don’t try to be the smartest person. Be the one that wants to grow.
- Never do anything that diminishes you or moves you away from your goal.
During the episode, Jay and Tom also touch on neuroscience and how success is connected to it. Jay explains how he was able to accelerate his creativity by following a simple theory.
If you’re looking to springboard yourself into the route to success, while you’re on a literal route, check this episode out!
The Brendon Show – Overcoming Doubt And Negative Beliefs To Achieve Your Dream
I discovered Brendon Burchard during an interview he did on Jay Shetty’s podcast, and I’ve been hooked ever since! Brendon is a high-performance coach and masterful speaker and storyteller. During this podcast episode, he lays the groundwork for evaluating self-doubt and negativity and moving into the lane of success. Brendon lays this out in a seven-question framework that includes
- Evaluating whether negative thoughts or worry are helpful,
- Verifying whether the belief will carry you to a desirable life, and
- Determining whether the belief is verifiable and fair.
Along the way, Brendon drops several gems like “No one knows you. You can pivot whenever you want,” and, “If it makes you feel like crap every time you think it, then maybe it’s not a thought you should be hanging on to.” His straight-forward approach makes the episode easy to digest and manifest.
The Brendon Show – How To Visualize Your Dream Into Reality
In another Brendon Burchard podcast episode, he discusses using visualize as a tool to realize your dreams. His key points include:
- If you fail to implement something you already know you can do, your vision for your life is stuck to today.
- If you dream of the vision for your future and it doesn’t make you sweat, you’re not dreaming big enough.
- People don’t take daily, real practical, common-sense efforts towards their dreams because they don’t see the dream yet. They haven’t laid awake and thought about it long enough.
Brendon delivers the simplest solutions to manifesting the life of your dreams and makes it clear how it’s done.
Let me know what you listen to while traveling in the comments!